Ethos and Vision
Vision Statement – 2022-2024
Ready, Respectful and Safe
Barley Lane School is a welcoming, inclusive school where all children are known and we invest heavily to ensure that their unique qualities understood.
We are committed to providing a safe, stimulating and happy environment that seeks to teach the skills and knowledge that will allow learning to be part of a lifelong process, ensuring our pupils grow into ambitious young adults who are excited about the world around them. In doing so, we seek to prepare them for adulthood.
• The children feel safe the school environment provides facilities and staff that have a wide range of skills to meet the complex needs of all of our individual pupils.
• teaching and learning are matched to each pupil’s needs and present challenge towards their learning and meaningful outcomes
• from their relative starting points, pupils are supported and encouraged to make their own choices and are supported in how to see through the challenges of daily life.
• staff support pupils and families in their resilience as they grow into adulthood
• school empowers pupils and their families to secure the support they need for their future lives
• by securing progression throughout, pupils leave school with the skills to access the adult world confidently and with the highest possible level of independence.
• all children must feel they have a sense of belonging and hope.
• we look after and care for them and provide them with the opportunities and experiences with the high expectation that we would want for our own families.
• a curriculum that can evidence sequential learning across keys stages in all subjects.
• teaching and learning that motivates, inspires and critically, engages the most complex of youngsters.